Pages

Friday, April 2, 2021

Reminder to Stay Strong!

Hello and welcome back to Shay's Scribbles! I know it's been awhile and I'm sorry for the recent lack of posts, I'll try to make up for it in the near future!


My only excuse for my absence is: writing. I have been doing a LOT of writing and, in fact, have written 35,000 words this past month! A couple friends and I have once again started a writing challenge only, instead of writing a novel in one month, we're writing a novel in two months.


I know. We're still crazy. But to us it's a vacation! 😂


You may remember from this post that these same friends and I did our challenge where we tried to write a whole novel in one month back in January. It was crazy, but we actually did it! We finished exhausted, but victorious! And it was totally worth it!!


Now we're halfway through this challenge and I'm writing 1,150 plus words daily to reach my overall goal of 60k at the end of this month! Up to now that has seemed like piddly nothing compared to the 2,500 words I was writing every day last time... But then the busyness of life kicks in and I have to juggle all that I have going on along with my daily word count... Believe me, it's still just as hard to get that much written.


It's human nature to tell ourselves at every turn that we're not good enough, that we'll never succeed no matter how hard we try. It's our job, however, to ignore those voices, push them out of our head, and remind ourselves that we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength! (Philippians 4:13) I don't know about you, but I don't always succeed at this. Thankfully no one's perfect!


But I find it encouraging to remind myself that God gave me this gift of writing for a reason – and I don't want to fail Him. He gives everyone their own certain gift or talent to use for His purpose and I want to encourage you to not let that lie to waste. Use it to the best of your abilities! (Ephesians 9:10)


I don't know where exactly I was going with this blog post. What started out to be a personal pep talk more or less, turned into a reminder to stay strong. I don't know, I just write what the Lord places on my heart! 😊


I hope that maybe this encouraged you in some way or another! If so, feel free to let me know in the comments below, I always love hearing your replies!












Blessings,

Shay

6 comments:

  1. Love this post, girl! 💙

    ~Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, this is so good!!! And you’re doing amazing, congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks so much, I appreciate that!! 😄

      Delete

Author Interview | Kristina Hall

  Author Interview What made you want to start writing? I’ve always loved stories and have been a big reader of Christian fiction since I wa...