Pages

Friday, November 27, 2020

The Avid Reader Tag




Hello, everyone! Welcome back to Shay's Scribbles! Today I'm going to do an Avid Readers Tag! πŸ˜„


   Here are the rules:
     1. Display the blog award logo in your blog
     2. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you. Thanks so much, Sawyer!!
     3. Do not forget to link to their blogging website. Link here.
     4. List your favorite 5 books.
     5. Answer all the questions they have given you.
     6. Nominate 4 bloggers of your choice.
     7. Ask them 10 questions.



Five Favorite Books

Only five? 😧 That's a very small number but I'll do my best.

   1. The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
   2. Words on Fire by Jennifer Nielsen
   3. Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
   4. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
   5. Searching For You by Jody Hedlund

At least those are my top five favorite right now, they're always changing. 😜



Questions

Wow! These look like a lot of fun! Thanks, Sawyer!


1. What is your all time favorite book quote/s?

Let's see...


"If I'm about to get killed I won't check the rules to see if my survival fits with someone's codebook of fair play."
-The False Prince

   
"If I cannot look at you as an equal I will not look at all."
-The False Prince

   
"A person can be educated and still be stupid, and a wise man can have no education at all."
-The False Prince

   
"Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's wise."
-The False Prince

   
"Everyone gets scared at times. It's only the fools who won't admit it."
-The Runaway King

   
"Books themselves are freedom. Freedom to think, to believe, to dream."
-Words on Fire

There's so many!! But I tried to contain myself. 😜 (And - if you can't tell - yes my favorite author is Jennifer Nielsen.)


   
2. If you could go back in time and meet any author, who would it be?

Mark Twain!


   
3. What is your favorite classic book?

Hmm, that's a hard one! I think I'm going to go with Robin Hood but that may change as I read more classics.


   
4. Series or single books?

While I love series and a lot of times love the continuing on of the story, I overall prefer singles. I feel like those are sometimes the most memorable and there's not the trouble of trying to remember which one in the series a certain part was in.


   
5. Tell me your feelings on dog-ears (when someone folds the page of the book.) *cringes*

Personally, I do not like to dog-ear pages and I don't like it when other people do it either. I feel it tears up the books but that's just my opinion.


   
6. What is your favorite book you remember from when you were a baby?

Um, well, the only books I remember from when I was younger is Scooby-Doo and about the Solar System. πŸ˜‚ I actually wasn't much of a reader then and certainly if it didn't have pictures! 😜


   
7. What was your first book you ever fell in love with?

As in truly and fully fell in love with? Because I'm sure there's been books that I've loved before but the first book that I truly fell in love with was The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen. *sigh* That is a great book!


   
8. What is your favorite Indie book?

I don't know if I've ever read an indie book. If I have than I'm not remembering it! πŸ˜‚


   
9. Favorite snack to eat while reading?

Chips!!


  
10. What position are you most in while reading? (sitting, lying down, walking around, etc.)

I'll sit in any position - whatever is most comfortable at the time - but my favorite position and the one I'm in most of the time is kneeling beside my bed. I know, it's really odd but it's so comfortable! I would definitely recommend it!! 😜


Nominate 4 Bloggers




My Questions

   1. What is the worst book you have ever read?
   2. What is your favorite cover of the books you've read?
   3. What is the latest/earliest you have ever stayed up reading?
   4. If you could be any character you've read who would it be?
   5. Have you ever cried over a book? If so, what book was it?
   6. Do you like to listen to music while reading? If so, what music do you like to listen to?
   7. What's your favorite genre and why?
   8. What's your least favorite genre and why?
   9. Has there ever been a male character that you loved so much you wished you could marry him?
   10. If you could have any fictional character for a sibling who would it be?


I hope you all enjoyed this post! Feel free to answer the questions in the comments if you want! I would love to hear your answers!


Blessings,
Shay

8 comments:

  1. Fun reading your answers, Ally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good answers Ally! Thanks for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them! Thanks for tagging me!! πŸ˜„

      Delete
  3. I am so sad that I am only just now seeing this! I am going to try to do it soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry! I should've contacted you sooner, I was hoping it would notify you! Yay!! I hope you enjoy it!! πŸ˜„

      Delete

Author Interview | Kristina Hall

  Author Interview What made you want to start writing? I’ve always loved stories and have been a big reader of Christian fiction since I wa...