Pages

Friday, December 18, 2020

Self Doubt: That Annoying Voice in Your Head


Hey y'all! Welcome back to Shay's Scribbles!


This week a couple of friends and I have started a challenge where we're going to try to write a whole novel in one month! We're not sure whether we can do this or not but we're certainly going to give it a try! But as we've started I've noticed within myself a lot of self doubt and lack of courage. I know that I want to do this challenge and I'm going to give it my very best but already I have this little voice in my head telling me to just give up, that there's no way someone like you could ever do this.


Do any of you ever feel this way?


A verse the Lord has placed on my heart, however, is Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (NKJV) I don't know about you, but that's just what I needed to hear.


I knew from the start that this challenge was not going to be easy, I know that this next month is going to have some very difficult moments and I'm sure there will be many times where I will question myself whether I can really achieve this or not. In the end, I may not, I may finish with only a half written book. But that's okay. That's farther than I am right now!


I guess the point I'm trying to make is that no matter what you're trying to accomplish, don't get discouraged! Push that voice of doubt out of your mind and read Joshua 1:9, know that the Lord will be with you always.


God be with you!

Shay


Is there anything you've been trying to accomplish but are having a hard time with? What have you been discouraged about? I would love to hear your answers in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Aww, girl, I had this same voice in my head right before we started this challenge. �� It's never fun! But after a talk with my friend, she told me I could do it, that she had full confidence in me. And it helped so much!!
    I wish I could give you some of the calm that I have right now!!!
    I know that you can do this. This story needs to be written and your character's voices heard. �� (Okay, you need to write this just so I can read it. ��)
    But I have full confidence in you, girl! I know you can pull this off!!
    You can do this! �� We're standing right behind you. ��

    I know I went a little off there, but instead of cowering in myself and erasing all I just wrote, I'm going to post this. ��

    I hipe it helps even more. ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Kenzie, thank you so very much for saying all of that!! I needed to hear every bit of it so I'm glad you didn't erase it! 🤗
      I believe you did give me some of that calm just by saying all of that! I appreciate your encouragement, support, and confidence so much!! (Haha! I knew you had ulterior motives! 😜)
      Together, we can do this because united we stand strong! Let the pens arise!!

      Delete
  2. Amen!! Thank you for this reminder, girl!! <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry! You've all got this. And no matter what, whether you finish the book or just a page you will never forget the experience. So don't give up! And I'm looking forward to seeing how you do and all the fun things you tried .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jay!! 🤗 I really appreciate your encouragement!! That is very true, I will never forget this! (Though I'll mostly remember how crazy we were 😜) I don't plan to and I'm looking forward to telling you all about it!

      Delete

Author Interview | Kristina Hall

  Author Interview What made you want to start writing? I’ve always loved stories and have been a big reader of Christian fiction since I wa...