Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Writing Prompt #1

 











Hey, y'all! I am overjoyed to be posting my first blog post!

   

My focus for this blog will be my writing but, to shake things up a bit here and there, I plan to do some fun posts as well. Besides sharing the occasional short story, I thought it would be fun for you guys to give me writing prompts! Whether it be a picture or a sentence or two, I would love for you guys to share these in the comments. Don't be shy, I would love as many as possible! I'll get to them all eventually. 😜

   

And so, without further ado, here is my first writing prompt, given to me by my best friend...



Annalyse thrashed about in bed, helplessly tangling herself into her blanket. There it was again. A thump, thump noise kept sounding from the attic and she sat up in bed, straining her ears toward the noise. Nothing. She laid back down with a sigh, telling herself it was just her imagination and that she needed to get some sleep. Her head had no sooner touched the pillow when she heard it again. A thump, thump, almost as if someone was pacing back and forth up there. She sat up, tossed her blanket aside, and threw her legs over the side of the bed with a determination of a soldier going into battle. The sound had made her sleepless long enough, it was time to investigate.


She tip toed her way past her roommates bed, peeking at Hannah as she went to make certain she was asleep. To her relief she was snoring so loud and sleeping so deeply a raging battle couldn't have woken her. Opening the door of their bedroom, she crept out into the hallway, cringing when her foot found a creaky floor board. She paused, half expecting Miss Dean to come barreling out of her bedroom down the hall, demanding answers for why she was out of bed after curfew. After a hesitant minute of waiting she breathed a sigh of relief and continued her way towards the attic.

   

At the bottom of the stairs she stopped and stared up at the engulfing blackness ahead. She glanced over her shoulder, half considering returning to the comfort of her bed. Then she heard the noise again and squared her shoulders, knowing if she didn't do this now she never would. Putting one foot in front of the other she made way up the stairs.

   

Before she knew it she was at the attic's door, staring at its protruding form. She put her hand on the door knob but before she could turn it she heard voices from within. Or, a voice. She pressed her ear to the door and heard what sounded like one person talking. Before she lost her nerve she turned the knob and thrust open the door, revealing a petite auburn haired, brown eyed girl. All they could do was stare at one another as they waited for the other one to make the first move.



Blessings,

Shay

18 comments:

  1. 😱 Why did it end there?!?! I love this, it was so good!!!! Can't wait for more posts!! 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! 🤣 Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!! Yay! 😄

      Delete
    2. Wow, I absolutely love this!!! But, why. Did. You. End. It. Like. That???! Can't wait to read the part!!♥️♥️😁😁😁

      Delete
  2. Wow!! WHY DID IT HAVE TO END THERE I seriously cant wait for the next part. I have a couple questions.
    Where is she? Who is Mrs.Dean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!
      Yeah, I was wondering if that would be confusing. Sorry! I should've explained a bit better! So, she's at a boarding school and Mrs. Dean is their I think it's called house mother (something like that at least 😜). Does that explain things better?

      Delete
  3. Prompt: The dinner bell rang as a loud knock was heard at the door. Quickly she put her food and silverware in a cabinet then tip toes to a secret room where nobody would be able to find her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh!! This is a good one!! Thank you so much!! 😃

      Delete
  4. Prompt: The dinner bell rang as a loud knock was heard at the door. The family had just sat down for dinner, but the father quickly grabbed his daughter, led her into the secret tunnel, then Ben their son hid her silverware and food. Soon the father came back into the dining room and walked over to the door breathing heavily and saying a silent prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing! You did a good job of setting the scene clearly and building suspense in so few words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, nice cliffhanger...😂 Now I want the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALLY!!!!!! YOU HAVE A BLOG NOW!!!!! *happy dance*
    Nice story!!!! I'm the weird person who loves open endings . . . so now I can imagine what happens next. :P

    Okay, here's your prompt:
    "Missing her was so hard. It wouldn't be, if she were really gone."

    Can I give you two? If so, here's a second one!
    "I knew he was telling the truth. But, of course, I was the only who knew that."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I'm so excited!!!!! :D
      Thanks!! I know, me too!! XD My thought exactly!

      Yay!! Thanks so much for the prompts!! :D Yes, you can do two prompts! I can't wait to write those!!

      Delete

Author Interview | Kristina Hall

  Author Interview What made you want to start writing? I’ve always loved stories and have been a big reader of Christian fiction since I wa...