Pages

Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Years!

 














Happy new years everyone!!!


My sisters and I stayed up until midnight last night to welcome the new year, it was a lot of fun! Even though I'm tired today I feel it was worth it to create these memories with them and watch as this new year began.


You know, a lot of people keep saying that 2020 was so bad and that they hope 2021 will be better but, personally, I think it's all in how you look at it. It's a choice. You can choose to remember all the bad things, or you can choose to remember the good things. I don't know about you, but I want to remember the good things!


I challenge you to think of as many good things that happened last year as you can. Even if it's only three, that's something and you should thank God for those three things!


This past year we moved closer to family and have have enjoyed times spent with them including swimming in my grandparents pool and spending more time with my little nephew. At the beginning of the year I got fourteen inches cut off my hair and while that was very sad for me, my hair has become healthier because of it. I've gotten many opportunities to join christian communities for writers (the Crazy Writing Week and the King's Daughters' Writing Camp) and have grown as a writer because of them. I was baptized! This is my favorite memory, it was a very joyous occasion! I graduated and had a small graduation party with my best friend, creating wonderful memories. I signed up to join a christian program for young writers called the Young Writers Workshop and am now counting down the days until I join. I've made some amazing friends, friends I don't know what I'd do without. I started this blog and have had a lot of fun with it!


Now it's your turn! How many things can you come up with? I'd love to hear some of the good things that happened in your life this past year in the comments!


Have a happy new year!

Shay


4 comments:

  1. I love that quote! <3 Lovely update, girl, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!!!! <3 I love your idea! I have had so many good things happen this year - I joined my youth group, I discovered a passion I didn't realize I had (but now I plan to turn into a career), and I met so many wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you had those wonderful things happen!! 😄 I always love hearing what other people are thankful for!

      Delete

Author Interview | Kristina Hall

  Author Interview What made you want to start writing? I’ve always loved stories and have been a big reader of Christian fiction since I wa...