Pages

Friday, January 8, 2021

Writing Prompt #3

 














Here's to my third writing prompt! 🎉

   

I'm sorry for changing the tense but I just had to! I actually didn't even realize at first that I was writing in first person until I got to adding the prompt and I noticed my mistake. But by then I couldn't change it. Well, I could've and I did try to but it just wasn't going to be the same so I left it as is.

   

If you have a sentence or a picture that you would love for me to turn into a little story, please put it in the comments! I love all of the prompts that I've gotten so far and can't wait for more!

   

But anyways! Let's get to it...



“It's okay, I promise,” Lily assured me as I stepped through the small entrance leading from a secret room to a small room off of the large kitchen. “No one is around.”

   

I was still hesitant as I stepped through. I surveyed my surroundings with a cautious eye as if I expected someone to spring out of a shadow with a knife in their hands at any moment. I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if someone had. When Lily removed a towel from a plate and revealed more food than I had seen let alone consumed in a fortnight, however, all my thoughts disappeared aside for one. Food.

   

I quickly took the utensils she handed to me and ate greedily as if this was going to be my last meal for awhile. Then again, it very well could be.

   

“Goodness, lass. Don't eat it all in one bite,” Lily chided gently in her soft Irish brogue.

   

At her admonishment I made an effort to slow down and actually enjoy the tasty food. Still, I ate it faster than etiquette demanded.

   

Just then the dinner bell rang as a loud knock was heard at the door. Quickly I put the food and silverware in a cabinet then tip toed to a secret room where nobody would be able to find me. The last thing I saw before I closed the door was Lily as she left the room.

   

As darkness enveloped me once again I wondered how long I was going to spend my life tucked away in this hidden room.


Blessings,

Shay

6 comments:

Author Interview | Kristina Hall

  Author Interview What made you want to start writing? I’ve always loved stories and have been a big reader of Christian fiction since I wa...