Pages

Monday, December 6, 2021

Book Review | To Write a Wrong


Synopsis


Miss Daphne Beekman is a mystery writer by day, inquiry agent by night. Known for her ability to puzzle out plots, she prefers working behind the scenes for the Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency, staying well away from danger. However, Daphne soon finds herself in the thick of an attempted murder case she's determined to solve.

Mr. Herman Henderson is also a mystery writer, but unlike the dashing heroes he pens, he lives a quiet life, determined to avoid the fate of his adventurous parents, who perished on an expedition when he was a child. But when he experiences numerous attempts on his life, he seeks out the services of the eccentric Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency to uncover the culprit. All too soon, Herman finds himself stepping out of the safe haven of his world and into an adventure he never imagined.

As the list of suspects grows and sinister plots are directed Daphne's way as well, Herman and Daphne must determine who they can trust and if they can risk the greatest adventure of all: love.


Series

Bleaker Street Agency #2


My Rating





My Review


I must say, this is one of my new favorite Jen Turano's! Being a writer myself, I found this book very relatable in many ways. All of both Daphne and Herman's quirks that others thought them weird for, I totally understood. I mean, even the way the book begins with Daphne dressing up as a pirate to get inspiration for her book! Not only was that hilarious, but I can one hundred percent relate.

This book was a most delightful read! Daphne dressing up as a pirate wasn't the only thing I was laughing over and if anyone's read the first book (To Steal a Heart) then you know Daphne and exactly what I'm talking about. So many hilarious moments only Jen Turano could pull off!

Daphne was a wonderful heroine and I loved everything about her. And of course Herman was simply perfect in every way, exactly what Daphne's character needed. He's now one of my favorite male characters. Their relationship and story was so fun to read and I was laughing out loud many times!

This series as a whole may be my favorite of Jen Turano! I can't wait for the third book and for all of my questions to be answered with Eunice! Until then...

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, this one actually sounds interesting! 🤩 Maybe I might give Jen Turano another try. 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! 🤩 I loved it!! 😂 I think this is my favorite Jen Turano series!

      Delete
  2. I have this one on my bookshelf and I’m excited to read it! Great review! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to! It was such an amazing book!! 😍 Thanks!

      Delete

Author Interview | Kristina Hall

  Author Interview What made you want to start writing? I’ve always loved stories and have been a big reader of Christian fiction since I wa...